VISIT DELPHI AND LIVE THEIR MYTHS
Duration: 12 hours
Starting time: 08:00 am
What are we going to do:
We will start from the center of Athens and take about 2 hours to reach the Delphi oracle. On our way, we will pass important points of interest: Battlefield of Plataea and Marathon, the place where Oedipus met and killed his father, according to legend and great ancient cities such as Thebes and Thespies. After our visit to the archaeological site of Delphi and the museum, we will eat at an amazing restaurant in the village of Delphi, overlooking the Delphi valley and their ancient harbor. Afterwards we will head higher up Mount Parnassos (1350 meters) and pass through beautiful mountain peaks. There is the Korikeion Andron, the Pan Cave and the first oracle in the area. Going down the other side of the mountain, we will visit the ancient city of Lilia, where the source of the river Kifissos (one of the two rivers of ancient Athens) is located. There are also 2 ancient temples (Apollo and Artemis), and there are also strange signs of the Knight Templars.
What are we going to see:
· Marathon Batlefield
· Thebes and Kitheron mountain
· The place where Oedipus met and killed his father, according to the myth
· Arachova, ski resort village
· Delphi entrance and temples of Athena and Tholos
· Kastalia spring and Gymnasium
· Archeological site and museum of Delphi
· New city of Delphi and the view to Delphi ancient port
· The Corikion cave
· The “path of Ephialtes”, secret path that traitor use to pass the Persan solders behind King Leonidas and 300 Spartans solders.
· Ancient city Lilaia: the walls, temple of Apollo and Artemis and the spring of God Kiffisos river
· Ancient city Cheronia, the birth place of philosopher Ploutarhos
· Mountain Penteli, where all the marbles for Parthenon, came from.
Why I should choose this tour?
What we will do will be something completely different from a visit to the Delphi oracle. Parnassos is not just Delphi. There are also many ruined ancient cities and temples and the site of Dionysus’s greatest celebration, at Corikion cave, the cave of Pan.
· INCLUNDING: Water, sodas and snacks
· NOT INCLUDING: Tickets for the Archeological site (6-12€)
· NOT INCLUNDING: Lunch
Maximum number of guests: 7